Updated 13th July 2009
TIC trading as "Trade Ink" is a based in England.
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Direct Ink on this trade website and by using the Direct Ink trade website generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site:
* You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
a. to register you with our website and to administer our website services;
b. for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) by any of the following methods:
which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive information of such products and services, please tick the opt-out box on the email received.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
4. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of Your Information
5. We do not pass your information to other companies for marketing or sales purposes.
8. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your trolley, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will need to follow these instructions after visiting this link www.aboutcookies.org (Trade-ink.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external websites. This link will open a new window.) Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
9. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
10. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
11. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
12. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
13. For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible, please see information on Secure online shopping.
14. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
15. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
To change any of your registered details on trade-ink.co.uk, click on ‘log in & registration’ and enter your login name and password. Once logged in change any of the details shown and click ‘update my details'.
For further information about shopping on trade-ink.co.uk, please read our Terms and conditions and Home delivery information.